Sunday, December 03, 2006

Wikipedia

I've been looking around for presents for my nephews and as one is a devoted Rotherham United fan I wanted to get him something to remind him of his club when he moves away (which he will be soon). I grew up in Rotherham and whilst it is often the butt (is it double t?) of many a cruel jokes it's always been a place that felt most like home. Maybe that's true where ever you grow up, but it's certainly true for me.

I did a bit of goggling to try and find RUFC homepage and came across Wikiepdia's entry for Rotherham United. Apparently not only are the Chuckle Brothers Rotherham United fans (which I confess I already knew) but so are the band Orson!?! Can't imagine why.

Which brings me on to something else - I was listening to the radio the other night and Tim Finn (ex-crowded House) said that his favourite place to play in Britain was Aberystwyth. I thought it was a great choice and sort of share the idea that it probably could be the best place in Britain to play.

2 comments:

purkul said...

hya etcb,

tell me about it xmas shoppin is certainly not my fav pass time!

2 b honest football isn't either but i'm sure what ever it is you get your nephews they'll luv it!

nat
x

tone the blueshawk said...

I just love Wikipedia - almost addicted - I know sometimes it's a bit flakey, but at least it's honest about that - things that make a pretense of objectivity almost inevitably are papering over bias (oops sorry I was getting a bit ranty)

Aberystwyth is pretty good - but then I'm a sucker for the seaside - Txxx