Wednesday, November 29, 2006

recipe

Everyone has been blogging about favourite recipes and this is one of mine - it's a really easy, very mild curry and I reckon it's pretty low in fat, because it's yoghurt based. It's a veggie version, but you can probably include chicken if you prefer.

You need:

spinich (half a bag)
potatoes (a couple)
Onion
Pepper
Yoghurt (250g)
creamed coconut (50g)
1 teaspoon of all the following:
Chili powder
Ginger
Garlic pulp
1.5 teaspoons of Garam Masala
quater of teaspoon of tumeric
Grind a few black peppercorns and a few mustard seeds

What you do:

Whisk together the Yoghurt, coconut, garam masala, chili, ginger, tumeric, peppercorn and mustard seeds.
Fry the onion and pepper, add the potatoes and spinich (you can pre-cook the veg a bit if you're in a hurry) and then the yoghurt mixture. Cook until the veg is soft.

Goes great with Naan and rice.

2 comments:

Alec said...

Good idea - it's ages since I've made a curry. I love the smell of spices as they're frying...

tone the blueshawk said...

sounds good to me - although my appetite and tastebuds have undergone such a revolutionary change recently that I'm not sure how I'll react - I used to love curry,but now I'm not so sure....