Sunday, April 22, 2007

Ruskiboots.com

I've cannot begin to tell you how pleased I am - pride I know is bad thing. But I am beeming a little. I've been asked to be a God Mother twice in the space of 6 months. I've never been asked before and maybe it's more of a reflection of the passing years and greying hair that give me the credentials. But I do feel quite honoured. I have to admit that I'm rather more agnostic than perhaps a God Mother ought to be, but I think that it means that these new lives will have a special place in my life. I'm also to be an Aunty (my sister is pregnant!) - and I am over the moon about this too! It's gonna be a busy babysitting time for me. Can't wait.
Here's a picture of some baby foot gear knitted by a very dear friend and Mum to be - Alya.

5 comments:

purkul said...

hya,

and how lucky them chidla's are gonna be to av such a shiny happy, slightly quirky influence in their lives!

Luvin the boots 2

Purkul
x

klahanie said...

Hi Emma-
You little beamer you! It shows how much people place you in such high-esteem. I'm not surprised that you would be asked to be a Godmother. (I can see a movie being made about this. 'The Godmother.')
You have a "special place" in a lot of folk's lives. Happy babysitting Emma! (why do they call it 'babysitting'? I shudder to think what 'rock' the baby to sleep might mean :-))
Kind regards adamac67.

Garfield said...

hello,

how cute the baby boots! I have to learn knitting soon cuz I wanna make baby goods as well:)
Good luck for ur sister!

garfield

Domenica said...

Hi Emma,

To be asked to be a Godmother once, is quite a privilage, but to be asked twice is a double honour, that you truly deserve. You will make a wonderful Godmother.
The role of Godmother has more to do with what is in your heart, as opposed to what religion you may or may not subscribe to.
And you fit the bill, on all counts! D x

klahanie said...

Hi Emma-
Thank you so much on leaving thought-provoking comments on my most recent blog.
My comment in regard to "falling on deaf ears" was sadly,not really an assumption.
I am paying the consequences of a certain person related to my son not paying heed to my advice or concerns. It has been going on for many, many years.
I know I should give myself more credit Emma. It is difficult to stay positive when you are constantly undermined.
However, thanks to wonderful people like you I shall continue to give myself permission to stay positive.
Thanks Emma. You have my utmost respect. Warm regards Gary.