Friday, October 27, 2006

Carz and girlZ

Helped a friend with her car in the very pouring rain on Wednesday - the weather could have been worse, but not by much. I loved the adventure of it all. Trying to start it, trying to diagnose the fault, pushing it (forwards and backwards - neither did any good), summoning a willing passer-by to help, giving it an electric shock with some plugs (the worst thing we could have done according to the AA man - don't try it at home, or outside for that matter), eventually having to admit that really neither of us had very much of a clue and having exhausted all the words we had ever heard a mechanic say - we left it to the professionals.

Never the less - soaked to the skin and by now quite chilled we satisfied ourselves with the two mint humbugs I found in the glove compartment of my car and giggled all the way home.

Memories like that make me smile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like quite a night. Why was trying to jump start the car a bad idea? It's what I'd have tried, though I don't carry leads any more. Was it because the rain might have created a short circuit?

emma said...

Apparently, it's because the ECU which is the computer part of the car was the fault, not the battery. I think we may have flattened the battery trying to start the car, hence the whole jump leads idea. Felt so sorry for Nat and hope I didn't make it worse - but I think I probably did. :-/

purkul said...

I'm the mystery friend. you were a diamond chick, thanks ever so much. well at least we know not to do it next time with reo (my new car) if the event arrises!
ha ha!
x