Friday, November 09, 2007

Dietary advice

Had to go to the Quakers meeting house in Newcastle for a meeting the other day and whilst I was hanging around the reception I read the following and thought - I like that, so wanted to share it:

Native Wisdom

A native American sat with his grandson on his knee.
He said "Son, inside you there are two wolves locked in battle. One is the wolf of peace, love and kindness and the other is the wolf of fear, greed and hatred."
"But Grandad, which one wins?" asked the little boy.
"The one that you feed!"replied the old man.

Hope you're all doing well!

4 comments:

klahanie said...

Hello Emma-
I must be getting familiar with the local area. I have attended a training course at the 'Quakers' house in Newcastle.
As you know, I have a warm bond with the native tribes of North America.
Ofcourse,one should be careful not to 'wolf' down their food...we wouldn't want indigestion!
Best wishes Klahanie. :-)

Smallandsnappy said...

Hi etcb
I have used the Quaker meeting house a number of times and have fond memories of being there.
Just trying out my commenting (technical skills) on you, hope you don't mind.
The wolfie thing, perhaps you can feed them both and enjoy the show!!! or feed neither and watch them ........?

Phil said...

Hi Emma,
I like anything to do with American Indians. I've even composed a piece of music similar to "Apache," but I've not got around to recording it yet.Also my nephew loved to do drawings of them, as you've seen on my slideshow. Nice to see you're still bloggling, See You Soon, Phil.

Jack said...

Hello Emma, I enjoyed the poem, It is so true. I have a deep repect for native Americns. Your picture of the fox is lovely, they are beautiful animals. Thanks for the comment. Take care.