Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sanity Fair - BIG THANK YOUS


When I got home on Saturday night, my feet just began to throb and throb. I hadn't noticed them all day. In fact the only thing I had noticed was the excitment and fun and sense of community that saturated the air (along with the rain later in the day) But even the rain just added to the excitment for me.

Sanity Fair happens because people want it to. It's so easy to say 'no'. But everyone said 'yes'. It takes time and commitment and thought and causes worry and stress and stuff - but it's fantastic that people come together and help give the public a better understanding of mental health, a more positive, clearer, more realistic sense of what it's all about. It goes along way too, in encouraging people to think about what affects their own mental health.

We wrote a list of 'people we must thank' and there were over 100 individuals on there. A hundred people without whom...

For me the lead up to the day was also really enjoyable and one moment in particular when all the people who regulalrly come to MAGMH were working preparing for the day - it encapsulated what Sanity Fair is all about.

Thanks again to everyone - it was remarkable.

6 comments:

Leigh P said...

It was a truly amazing day Emma - I've only ever visited at the end of the event just as the stalls were packing up but, now it means more of me and plays a part of my existence, I even felt part of Sanity Fair too!

Glad you enjoyed the podcast too - CD copy will be dropped off as soon as I remember to do one.

Anyone else interested in a CD copy - email me.

Leigh....

emma said...

You are part of Sanity Fair Leigh - the podcast is a great record of what the day is all about. Thanks again for doing it.

purkul said...

hya etcb,

what a day it was, 1 that i'll never forget!

in such a short amount of time so much was achieved, and impacted so many people!

giv yourself a massive pat on the back m, you deserve it!

purkul
x

klahanie said...

Hi Emma-
I want to say a big thank you to you. To have been asked by you to be involved in Sanity Fair was a huge honour.
Even though I was petrified about being involved. You were a major catalyst in me confronting my fears and attempting to be part of a social situation. I honestly struggle with social networking.
So Emma, thanks for asking me. I am grateful to you.
Kind regards adanac67.

Garfield said...

Hi ya!
It was big success on Sanity Fair wasn't it?
Thank u for a card and chocolate!
u need have rest etcb!
anyway take care urself!!!

Garfield

Domenica said...

Hi Em,

It was a MAGNIFICENT! day, for everyone involved, (maybe partly for that very reason)...we all felt involved, connected to a common cause, all working together, creating a day to remember and one never to be forgotten, by all who were privilaged to be part of such an unforgetable experience!

And last but certainly not least, your good self, I don't think you fully realise the tremendous and positive impact you have upon everyone that you come into contact with, but believe me, you do!!....D x